Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

HomeGoods Style Quiz + Monday Morning Book Review

Sorry for dropping off the grid the last few days. My hubby, in-laws and kiddies packed it up and went off to the beach for a few days. We were Atlantic City bound....impromptu and lots of fun. Beach, sun, rides, food, sleep, family....fantastic.

I am catching up on the bazillion blogs that I am behind on reading and came across a great design quiz on The Mustard Ceiling from HomeGoods. As a designer I know what I like and my style (like everyone's) is continuously evolving so I always enjoy how these quizzes define me. Here is what the HomeGoods quiz (developed by Deborah Needleman, editor-in-chief of Domino) came up with for me: I am.....Bohemian Classic.....they say:  

You have a refined sensibility and bring a sense of history and tradition into your decor. You appreciate how symmetrical arrangements and beautiful, well-crafted pieces create a solid foundation to a room. But you like to shake up this restraint with objects and accessories that express your personality and your love of other cultures. When traveling, you seek out unique objects that reflect what you love, and you use them in a sophisticated way. You want people to feel comfortable in your home, and cozy chairs, ethnic fabrics, unique pieces, and even a little touch of quirk or humor give your house a laid-back, Bohemian flair.

HomeGoods Quiz: My Happy Home Colors

 
I think they got me...I crave the traditional and the functional but I also need impact, a little of the unexpected and a bit of sense of humor in design. The colors they suggested do not live anywhere in my home but maybe they'll be in the next one! Go check it out and let me know what your design style is!

And for the Monday Morning Book Review I have chosen Pantone: The Twentieth Century in Color. This book is an inspiration in color combinations. It takes you through the era of the twentieth century and compiles color combinations inspired by that period of time. In my business, I would use this as an inspiration book to flip through to trigger my color courage to mix colors that I normally wouldn't have thought of. Arts and Crafts, Art Deco, Film Noir, Passage to India and Warhol are just a sampling of the eras they cover in this book.
 


This is definitely a resource book that is worth keeping on the shelf! If you check it out on Amazon you can preview some of the pages! Happy reading!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this fun quiz. I just took the quiz and my Happy Home Colors are ELEGANT MODERN. I agree the the results.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for stopping by and sharing!