Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bed, Breakfast and Beyond....

Happy Tuesday, all! (Or is it Wednesday already?) I am feeling very refreshed and ready to tackle the next 14 days before school starts! Don't be confused by all these exclamation points...my husband and I just returned from an amazing weekend away from life and the kids and we had a blast! (Don't get me wrong, we love our kids, of course, but it is still so much fun to get away as a couple every once in a while!!)

After a little necessary outlet shopping we headed off to our first destination:

Stop #1: The Inn at Stony Creek...a beautiful bed and breakfast in the charming town of Warwick, NY. This charming bed and breakfast is a restored colonial from 1840 and was rescued from a builder's bulldozer by the amazing innkeepers, Bill Signor and Joe Campone who purchased the property and loved it up! (I have such a soft spot for those who save old buildings....they are like little lost pups who need rescuing!!) 

Check out their great blog here...recipes included! The Inn at Stony Creek was absolutely breathtaking and the service and hospitality was amazing. The architecture is stunning and the home is filled with great period pieces: federal sofas, wing chairs, even presidential portraits throughout! Here is a shot of the living room (sorry for the dark photo...much more charming in person!)

And the food was amazing! I am still dreaming about the stuffed french toast we had for breakfast....and then we were off to....

Stop #2: The Warwick Antique Barn, Inc. I felt my heart pound as we walked in...so much to look at..... and I can't bring one more piece of furniture into my home!! Uggghhh! Although if I could it would be this:
But since I don't have the white farmhouse kitchen with black accents that I would like to put this piece in, I settled on this little watercolor painting which was calling me from the corner of the barn.
MidSummer at Mount Vernon
 Sorry for the reflection but I just loved this quaint painting and at $20 I had to have it! Now I need to find a spot for it.....All together the weekend was amazing- loved the food, the accommodations and of course, the company! Have you ever shopped an antique barn before? Any great treasures?

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for stopping by and sharing!