Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

25 Random Things You Probably Never Needed to Know About Me...

Thank you to Anna, at Directions Not Included for introducing me to the Link-Up Party over at Perfectly Imperfect where we share 25 random things about ourselves. 
Sounds like a fun cocktail party, minus the drinks, the fancy clothes or having to get off the couch so...I'm in! 
Here are 25 things about me that are totally irrelevant....

1. I am a Virgo. Let's start there because I need this list to be organized. Yes, that's the Virgo in me.

2. I have a dog named Fergie....she is strawberry blonde like Fergie the Duchess of York, but mostly, I convinced the kids to name her that because I always laugh when I call her Fergie, the Duchess of Yorktown. (I live in Yorktown...get it?)

3. I have never met a meatball that tastes better than my Grandma's....boy do I miss those :(

4. I don't have a middle name....don't ask why...maybe my parents got lazy.

5. I met my husband on a blind date....who says those don't work out?

6. I worked as an Assistant Editor at a Plus-Size Fashion Magazine right out of college...sadly the mag folded after 9/11 and there has never been anything else like it!

7. I used to work for 7th on Sixth/CFDA, you know the people who put together the fashion shows in NYC...great experience...met lots of cool people (Jeffrey Banks, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Issac Mizrahi)...perks of going to school in NYC!

8. I was allergic to EVERYTHING as a child...after 12 years of shots I was able to have a dog and a cat (and a dusty home...lol)

9. I met my BFF when we were 4 in dancing school...I moved, she moved and we re-met in middle school and have been inseparable since...love her:)

10. I used to be a biology major...your welcome, Dad.

11. I transferred to design school after 1 1/2 years....sorry, Dad.

12. My husband is 100% Italian and 6'4"....don't believe the Jersey Shore stereo type!

13. I am 100% Italian and have my own nails, never got into a fist fight and don't use hairspray...breaking stereo types all over the place!

14. My daughter eats sliced lemons...in fact I have to stop typing to go cut one...no scurvy here!

15. I do Zumba 2x a week and am addicted! Oh yeah, work what your momma gave ya!

16. I am a middle child. Hence, I only have two kids....

17. My older sister is a brilliant dentist and my younger sister is a rock-star baby photographer...I am still the middle child trying to keep up...

18. I bought my wedding headpiece on ebay...my first ebay purchase ever!

19. As I said, I am a Virgo, my husband is a Leo, my daughter is a Leo and my son is a Virgo....how's that for planning!!

20. I refuse to keep my schedule on my iPhone, iPad or computer...I need a full 8x11 calendar that I can write on in pencil, cross off and erase....don't try and change me.

21. I must eat something sweet after every meal....

22. I am lactose intolerant...boo-hoo whipped cream...how I've missed you!

23. Some of my best friends are my cousins....ok, that is a true Italian stereo type!

24. I used to re-arrange the furniture when I was three years old (wearing a tool belt, no less)...hey, you are who you are!

25.This was easy...as a Virgo, I makes lists about making lists!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this nonsense...I totally get that you were procrastinating finishing that laundry...but I appreciate you getting to the end! Ok, now I really do need a cocktail, that was a lot of socializing!

2 comments:

  1. I love these lists. So great learning about everyone. I have many in my life that I clearly see the Virgo in you ;) Thanks for sharing and linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was entertaining to read! Great about the non-stereotypes. I love Zumba (x2 a week at home, though) and am addicted and on occasion my girls join me on the weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for stopping by and sharing!